How to use Smoked Paprika
Smoked Paprika pairs well with a range of gourmet recipes, add it to vegies before roasting, to white or cheese sauces, use as a dry rub for meats & much more.
- Smoked Paprika goes well with red and orange vegetables, red peppers, tomatoes, pumpkin, carrots and kumara. Sprinkle a little over these vegetables before roasting.
- Fantastic in pumpkin, tomato, kumara and carrot soups add 1 or 2 tsp.
- Great in hummus, just add 1 tsp.
- Add 1 tsp to creamy mashed pumpkin, kumara or potatoes.
- Enhances white or cheese sauces with a couple of pinches.
- Use as a dry spice rub or dust chicken breasts, pork chops, lamb or steaks.
Rub smoked paprika into flesh, season with salt and pepper and cook in usual way.
- For a great smokey flavour add 1 tsp smoked paprika through home made pasta sauce and toss through cooked pasta.
- Add a pinch or 2 to scrambled eggs or other egg based dishes, omelettes, frittatas etc.
- Mix together 2 tsp smoked paprika, 1 clove garlic, 2 Tblspn olive oil, finely grated zest and juice of 1 orange, salt and pepper and use to marinade meat overnight.
- Can be used with chicken, lamb, beef, fish even vegetables.